Monday, September 5, 2011

Week 2 begins

Current temp:  9F ambient, -8F wind chill
Wind speed:   11 knots
Sunrise:  0911
Sunset:  1638  (hey, if I have to learn military time all over again, you will suffer with me)

After a long 1 day and 1 hour weekend (the extra hour due to the all hands meeting that went as expected), week 2 officially begins.  -24 was just too darn cold for hiking so I rode the exercise bike in my dorm lounge looking out at the view I would have had while hiking, that sort of counts?

Here are a few pics of why I'm here, this place is just beautiful.  The mountains were hiding behind clouds my first few days, but now we have these views constantly during the day.  In order, you see Mt. Discovery, then Mt. Discovery with the Royal Societies, then Black Island, and finally just the Royal Societies.  All the white in front of the mountain range is sea ice (frozen ocean).





Enjoy the pics and the nice weather!

zisman out

1 comment:

  1. These pictures really remind me of Alaska. I see why you are so attracted to this place. Steph

    ReplyDelete