Monday, October 17, 2011

Hikes and Rescues (unrelated to each other!)

Current Temp Ambient:  -2  Windchill:   -22
Windspeed (knots):   12
Sunrise:                     0419
Sunset:                      2308

The woman who had a stroke at the South Pole is on a plane heading for McMurdo then Christchurch as I type this, so that is that!

As for the hike, yesterday was the first Sunday nice enough to get out and enjoy a hike, so I did!  Though I had to turn back as there was slippery slide down about 300 feet directly into a crack in the Sea Ice potentially in my future, however, it was a fantastic hike!

In the video you I refer to Mt. Erebus, which is the southern most active volcano in the world, however that's actually Mt. Terror, not Erebus, in the video, oops!.

Beautiful, just beautiful!


No comments:

Post a Comment