Thursday, October 6, 2011

Freshies and Tablets

Current Temp Ambient:  5      Windchill:   -9
Windspeed (knots):   8
Sunrise:                     0553
Sunset:                      2136 (9:36PM)

How quickly things change around here.  When I got up at 5:00AM to go to the gym yesterday, it was light.  When I came home from my friends' radio show and the bar last night at 11:00 PM, it was still light.

With the hoards of new people also come hoards of fresh food. I just ate an apple, my first fresh fruit in about a month, and that's just the beginning!  Yesterday we got 10,000 lbs of freshies!  I don't know how I wintered and abstained for 5 months, not something I plan to do again (nor did I plan to do it once, don't worry mom, not wintering this year for sure!).  The woman who served me beer last night and made me a fresh egg scramble this morning told me to except salad either at lunch or dinner today. Oh salad, I hope I've never taken you for granted, I love you, I miss you, I can't wait to eat you!  And rumor has it there are avocados, too!

As for tablets, I cannot recommend them enough.  Even without Internet, my tablet is so handy.  I have loads of books, music, movies, TV shows, games, a cribbage board, all in one neat little 1.5 lb package.  If anyone is in the market for a new laptop, I really recommend you check out a tablet first!  I got an Asus EEE Transformer with a little keyboard that snaps on, and I love it, I use it every day.  And that's without Internet!

Don't ask why I combined these two topics today, they are just what I'm most excited about!

Animal pics coming soon, seals on the sea ice daily now.

zisman out

No comments:

Post a Comment